Monday, March 1, 2010

Goodbye Linda-A-Velha!

Hello dear family!
Rafael Carvalhaço Piçarra Monteiro was baptized this last Saturday! It went great - his mom and little sister came and enjoyed it, as well as Ricardo (Rafael´s girlfriend´s sister´s boyfriend). Members came and gave support, and after the service was done almost all of them personally congratulated Rafael with handshakes, abraços, beijinhos, etc. Life is great! And on that happy note I will be leaving this great area of Linda-A-Velha. President Torgan was at church and told me that I will be transferred to Amadora and serve as one of the financial secretaries. So close to here - just north and still in the same district in fact - and yet I´ll be in the office, learning to drive stick (!!) and handling the mission´s finances. I thank you for the many prayers already offered in my behalf, but I certainly ask for more - especially with learning stick in Portugal!
Quite the bit of news. Keep going Rachel, and sprint to the finish! You´re awesome! Also, this email - is the new and improved email account where you may now direct all the many cool personal emails and news blogs/updates. Yippee! Thanks Mom and Dad and Em for the package. I´m doing what you said and eating lots of vegetables, mainly chocolate. (Sugar cane, a vegetable, and caucau bean, also a vegetable, are combined to make the supreme vegetable called chocolate!) And that package was almost nothing but chocolate, so thanks for helping me have a healthy diet! ;) Just kidding, I´m eating sweets in moderation and truly healthy things in abundance. So, thanks again and I hope ya´ll have a great week!
--Elder Spencer Ellis



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: